Shelton Day is scheduled for Sunday, October 6th. Howe Avenue from Cornell Street to Beard Street will be closed to all traffic from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm. Traffic will be detoured from Howe Avenue at Cornell Street to Coram Avenue for northbound traffic, and from Howe Avenue at Brook Street to Coram Avenue for southbound traffic. Motorists should expect delays.
A parking ban is in effect from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for the following locations on Sunday, October 6th:
- Howe Avenue – From Cornell Street to Beard Street (both sides).
- Cornell Street – From Canal Street to Coram Avenue.
- Center Street - From Howe Avenue to Coram Avenue.
- White Street – From Howe Avenue to Perry Avenue.
- Canal Street - From Bridge Street to Cornell Street.
- Municipal Parking Lot on White Street (Lot between rear of Echo Hose FD and Pierpont Building.)
- Municipal Parking Lot on Howe Avenue to left of Cleto’s Package Store.
- Municipal Parking Lot on Howe Avenue to right of Donut Stop Coffee Shop.
The following are alternative parking lots available for use:
- Municipal Parking Lot at Post Office (Use Coram Avenue entrance.)
- Municipal Parking Lot at Cornell Street.
- Municipal Parking Lot at West Canal Street.
- Plumb Memorial Library Parking Lot at Wooster Street at Perry Avenue.