- The National Weather Service reports that there will be a chance of rain or freezing rain before 1 p.m., then a chance of rain. Skies will be cloudy with a high near 37 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. At night, skies will be mostly clear and the temperature will dip to a low around 18.
- Today is National Popcorn Day! To celebrate, why not rent an old time popcorn machine from Huntington Rental Center? Or, if you're looking for something less extravagant, pick up some microwave popcorn from , , or . Then, rent a flick from or and have a cozy movie and popcorn night with friends.
- It's Scrabble time at 10 a.m. Wednesday mornings at . All members (only) are welcome to enjoy a friendly, free game.
- There will be a free seminar, "Exploring Entrepreneurship," held from 6 - 8 p.m at the Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce offices, 900 Bridgeport Ave., 2nd floor. The seminar, from the Women’s Business Development Council, gives aspiring business owners insight into what they need to start a business. Participants will determine the feasibility of their ideas and visions. No charge, but registration is requested. To register or obtain more information about WBDC programs, call 203-353-1750, 203-910-4663 or 877.799-WBDC (9232), visit ctwbdc.org, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Shelton resident Christina Lavigne has been named to the Dean's List at Providence College for the Fall 2010 semester. To qualify for the Dean's List, students must achieve at least a 3.55 grade point average with a minimum of 12 credits. Congratulations on the hard work, Christina!