Time to grab that rake, because the city's curbside leaf collection will begin in November.
The first citywide curbside collection of bagged leaves will start Nov. 12 and end on Nov. 18. The second will run Dec. 2 through Dec. 6.
There are a few guidelines:
- Only brown paper biodegradable bags will be picked up.
- Bagged leaves should be placed at the curbside on the regular trash collection day.
Please be sure to keep leaf bags apart from your regular trash.
- Bags should only contain leaves and not grass clippings, sticks or rocks, or other debris. Bags containing these items will not be accepted and will be left at curb.
- In the event of a snowstorm, leaf bags should be left out at the curbside. They will be collected as soon as possible.
During this fall season of 2013, the compost site will be on Willoughby Road, next to Elizabeth Shelton School will be open as follows:
Starting Oct. 28 through Dec. 7:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturdays, 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Closed Nov. 11 for Veteran’s Day and Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving Day.
Anyone bringing leaves to the Compost Site in containers other than biodegradable paper bags must remove non-conforming container from the site.