Two of the victims severely burned during a are still in critical condition at Bridgeport Hospital, while the third is now in a "fair state," said John Cappiello, the hospital's spokesman.
Randy Fera's condition had been upgraded to fair. Fera, 59, or Stratford is an employee of Shelton-based He was installing new propane tanks at 67 Wopowog Trail on Monday with co-worker Gary Henry, 24, when a gas leak triggered the blast. Henry's injuries are reported to be life-threatening.
Police identified the other victim as Luke Lauretti, 48, a friend of the homeowners who is also the brother of Shelton Mayor Mark A. Lauretti.
While the home has been deemed unsafe and uninhabitable due to extensive damage, police Chief Joel Hurliman said the explosion is still under investigation and that the fire and police departments "will leave no stone unturned."
Nick Verdicchio of Shelton's fire department said the case is more so in the hands of the state fire marshal, and that "we haven't heard a thing yet; it's been very quiet."
Calls to the state fire marshal's office Thursday and Friday were not returned. Stick with Patch for updates as they come in.