A 25-year-old Hartford man was allegedly found to be in possession of 144 grams of marijuana following a traffic stop in Shelton (near Exit 12).
According to a report provided by Connecticut State Police at Troop I in Bethany, Brandon J. Shipman was charged with:
- Speeding on a highway (up to 85 miles per hour)
- Operating a motor vehicle in violation of a license classification
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Dispense controlled substance
- Possession of more than 4 ounces of marijuana
He was pulled over at 1:40 a.m. on Feb. 19, police said. In addition to the marijuana, police reportedly seized $1,227.04 and drug paraphernalia.
Shipman's bond was set at $25,000 he was due to appear in court Feb. 19.