A Shelton man is being treated at Bridgeport Hospital for burns to half his body after a Wednesday morning gasoline explosion.
Bridgeport Hospital Spokesman John Cappiello said the man was listed in fair condition.
Shelton Fire Marshal Jim Tortora said Wednesday night the man had started a fire in a barrel with a gasoline container nearby, at 4 Poe Place, when the gas ignited about 11:30 a.m.
The incident is under investigation, Tortora said.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something