A call to fire crews Monday may have seemed familiar to emergency personnel, who responded to the second call in less than a week from the The Latex Foam International factory.
A fire broke out in the factory's basement around 1 a.m. Thursday, and fire crews responded again around 10 a.m. Monday to reports of basement smoke, according to SF Gate and the Shelton Herald.
The factory, at 510 River Road, makes latex mattress and pillows, and Thursday's initial fire is believed to have started around the industrial mattress-drying machines in the basement.
Fire Marshal James Tortora told the Shelton Herald that high-powered fans were used over the weekend to dry out the area, and the drying machine's doors were open. "This led to smoldering of remnants from last Thursday's fire," The Shelton Herald reported.