.

Apartment Fire Damages Howe Avenue Building

Nobody in the multi-family home was injured in the fire.

The Shelton Fire Department contained a fire on 199 Howe Avenue on Monday afternoon. The fire was reported at 3:40 p.m. and started in a basement apartment on 199 Howe Ave.

The building was already evacuated and firefighters extinguished the fire in 20 minutes with no injuries. Three fire companies, with assitance from Derby, were on the scene, said Shelton Assistant Chief Nick Verdicchio

The basement was damaged and the first floor suffered smoke damage. The Shelton fire marshal is investigating the fire and the extent of the damage 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »