A dozen people have been arrested in sweeps over the past few days, charging them with illegal drug sales in Port Chester as a result of an on-going 18-month-long investigation by local and county police.
The Port Chester Police Department, working with the Narcotics Unit of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety, said it has been aggressively investigating sales of illegal narcotics in the village. Arrests were made for the street-level sale of narcotics including cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, prescriptions pills and marijuana.
Police said more arrests are anticipated because of this investigaiton.
The following are charged with one count each of Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance in the third degree, a B Felony, and one count each of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance with intent to sell, a B Felony:
· Cory Peterson – Age 26 – 362 Willett Avenue, Port Chester
· Lester Jones – Age 50 – 11 Stewart Place, Yonkers
· Enrique Goyburu – Age 25 – 22 Sands Street, Port Chester
· Ronald Harris – Age – 35 – (last known address) 15 Weber Drive, Port Chester
· George Duche – Age 23 – 168 Poningo Street, Port Chester
· John Lujan – Age 42 – 2 Sherman Avenue, Greenwich, Ct.
· Frank Peterson - Age 45 – 19 South 9th Avenue, Mount Vernon
· Vincent King – Age 46 – 5 Leonard Street, Port Chester
· Demetrius Williams – Age 52 – Homeless, Port Chester
· Markel Calhoun – Age 20 – 70 Purdy Avenue, Port Chester
· Jacobo Castaneda – Age 30 – 139 Hobart Avenue, Port Chester
· Phyllis Scruggs – Age 57 – 14 Valley Drive, Bridgeport, Ct.
All 12 are expected to be arraigned today in either Westchester County Court in White Plains or the Village of Port Chester Justice Court on North Main Street in Port Chester.