- Snow. Seriously? I was really hopeful this wouldn't happen. The National Weather Service predicts the following: Snow, mainly after 11 a.m. High near 38 degrees. Calm wind becoming east between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Today is National Organize Your Home Office Day and National Chip and Dip Day. Where's one of the best places to go for office supplies? , or course! You can also hit up or for organizational goodies. And as for chips and dip, if you live in White Hills, stop by on your way home. If you live in Huntington, is the way to go. And for those of you downtown, has a nice selection of munchies.
- Visit Griffin Hospital for "HUGS" (Help Unlimited Griffin Support), a support group for cancer survivors and those with a current diagnosis, regardless of the type. The group meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6 - 7 p.m. at 130 Division Street in Derby. Friends and family are always welcome.
- Consumer alert: Attorney General George Jepsen alerted consumers to a voluntary recall by Ford Motor Company of Windstar minivans, model years 1999 through 2003. Ford said it determined that operating the vehicles in high-corrosion areas where salt is used on the roadway in winter months, may cause certain parts in the vehicles’ subframe to separate. Ford said this separation could result in loss of directional control of the vehicle and increase the risk of a crash. Ford said its dealerships will inspect and repair the vehicle as needed to address this problem, free of charge.
- There will be a regular Board of Education meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the . For municipal meetings: the Anti-Litter Committee will meet at 7 p.m. in room 303, while the Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.