Here's a quick glance at what's happening in Shelton this fine Tuesday.
- The National Weather Service reports that today we'll have a chance of showers, mainly after 1 p.m., with areas of fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy skies with a high near 77 degrees. Calm wind becoming east between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
- Tonight from 6:30 - 8 p.m. at , Miss Margaret and Miss Sarah explore cooking of all sorts.Children MUST be accompanied by an adult (who may be called upon to assist when needed); unattended children will not be allowed to participate. Please inform library staff of any allergies your child(ren) might have. Registration is limited and required. The class is for children ages five and up, with caregivers. Please dress for messes or bring an apron or smock.
- Learn about the Power of Silence at the Orchard House (17 Orchard St.) from 7 - 9 p.m. Silence is the absence of unnecessary distractions, not just noise. It allows the Inner Voice to come through to our awareness, bringing insights, healing, and focus to our lives. The purpose of this four-week course is to introduce participants to silence in a planned manner, to provide a safe environment in which to grow and share the experience, and to explore the greater implications of it. Participants will be following a program during the week. Classes are open to all, and cost is $80 payable upon arrival. Please contact janis Dadonna by phone (203-242-6755) or e-mail (email@example.com) to register.
- Just a reminder that the 2nd Annual WheelWalk for fitness will be taking place on Shelton Day October 2, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. at 415 Howe Ave. The $20 entrance fee will benefit the CT Chapter of the National Spinal Cord Injury Association. Please visit www.movingwithhope.org or www.sciact.org for more information.
- Smart people news! Congratulations to Shelton natives Thomas Ballaro and Caitlin Zerella for recently earning degrees from the University of New Haven. Both received a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. Nice going, guys! We applaud you and all Shelton's scholars.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now