- Will tonight bring a small bout wintry weather? Personally, I'm ready for all that to be in the past. The National Weather Service predicts that today will be sunny with a high near 44 degrees. But at night, there is a slight chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow between midnight and 3am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely after 3 a.m. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Little or no ice accumulation is expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch is possible.
- The Community Gardens club is now accepting fees and registration forms for plots in one of their two gardens: the Long Hill area located south of and the Shelton Lakes area located northwest of the . For an annual fee of $20, gardeners can lease a plot to grow organic vegetables and/or flowers. Contact the Conservation Department at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- is a low impact water aerobics class that allows attendees to have fun and get in a good workout. The sessions will run for 12 classes and are 45 minutes in length. Classes meet weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and registration fees vary. Call (203) 925-8422 or visit the community center for more information.
- Happy Birthday Gerard Gustafson, who turns 24 today, and Rebecca Slater, who turns 21! These two Shelton natives share a birthday with actress Eva Longoria and model Fabio.
- This day in history: On March 15, 1937, the first hospital blood bank in the United States was established in Chicago. A Red Cross blood drive will be held tomorrow from 1 -6 p.m. in Shelton at . For appointment information call 1-800-733-2767.