Get tuned in! Here's what's happening around town...
- We've had some bouts of rain, but the past couple days have been nice and sunny. You can expect more of that today. The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies with a high around 81 degrees and southeast winds between five and eight mph. At night, though, there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 a.m., then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 a.m. Low temperture around 63, and chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
- The United Girls’ Choir is pleased to announced that for girls ages six to 17 from throughout the region. Auditions will be held during July and August, and all interested girls are eligible to audition. No experience is necessary. Audition information and appointments may be obtained by calling (203) 787-1244 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- A group of 15 young performers, ages five - 16 on Monday, July 11 to participate in the week-long National Dance Xplosion dance competition to be held at the Wildwood Convention Center. The children are all members of the located at 61 Bridgeport Ave. Congrats and good luck!
- The Russian National Speed skating Team is practicing this week at The Rinks at the on River Road. 2010 Olympic silver and bronze medalist in speed skating Ivan Skorbev will also be practicing there as a part of this team. For more information on times and The Rinks at Shelton, please call 203-929-6500.
- Happy (belated) Birthday to Shelton native and Patch freelancer Tebben Lopez! In case you missed it, check out Tebben's awesome video and pictures from the . Tebben shares a birthday with American author, political activist and lecturer Helen Keller, 1992 presidential candidate H. Ross Perot, and "Spiderman" actor Tobey Maguire.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now