- At least it won't be cold. The National Weather Service gives the following report for today: Rain likely, mainly after 8 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. At night, more rain with a low around 44 degrees.
- Shelton Boy Scout Troop 55 will be holding a bottle and can drive this Saturday, April 16, from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at . Troop members will be present, so stop by to say hello! This fundraiser is to support the group's year-end trip to Tennessee.
- Home Instead Senior Care in Trumbull has named Nina Rivera of Shelton asits February CAREGiver of the month. Rivera has been a CAREGiver with Home Instead since August 2009. She is one of the Home Instead staff members who are part of the franchise that serves seniors and their families in 33 towns throughout northern Fairfield, southern Litchfield and northwest New Haven counties. Congrats, Nina!
- Dine out tonight while supporting a good cause! There will be a CT Autism Spectrum Resource Center Fundraiser at in Milford (1500 Boston Post Rd.) tonight from 5 - 10 p.m. Chili's will donate 10 percent of your bill to the CT ASRC, which provides services to individuals and families living in CT and dealing with Autism and it's associated disorders.
- There will be an "" Harvest Kitchen cooking class at tonight from 6 - 9 p.m. This class will feature a French-inspired dinner of leg of lamb with mint sauce, rosemary potatoes gratin, spring green salad and lavendar lemon curd tartlets. Class memebers work together to create the meal in small groups and then sit down together to enjoy the meal with a glass of Jones wine. Spaces for students are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Cost is $75. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to reserve a space.