- Fortunately, Shelton wasn't hit by any tornados yesterday. The weather for today, though, is likely to be quite windy. The National Weather Service predicts sunny skies, with a high near 72. Breezy, with a northwest wind 8 to 11 mph increasing to between 17 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. At night, expect clear skies with a low around 44.
- June is National Gay & Lesbian Pride Month. Now and always, be respectful of others, have an open and accepting attitude, and challenge yourself to not be afraid of what you may consider "different." In a time when we are so quick to support each other in the ways we criticize and hate, we should be equally as open in supporting each other in the ways we love.
- From 8 - 11 p.m., will be holding an . Come join John Hoyt as he hosts the new season on the HSC Open Mic Night. Have some delicious food and drink all while supporting the local music scene. Sign up begins at 7:30. As always there is NO COVER.
- From reader Robin Wellons Friend: Multi Family Tag Sale/ Bottle & Can Drive/ Bake Sale to benefit Troop 25 Boy Scouts this Saturday, June 4, at (corner of Rocky Rest and Long Hill Shelton). 15 families Tag/Bake sale runs 9-2, bottle and can drive runs 9-1. Help the Scouts raise money to go to Yellowstone next summer!
- The local Democratic Town Committee will be holding a Candidate Forum for possible candidates in this year's municipal elections. The event will be held at 88 Audubon Ave. on June 5 from 4 - 6 p.m. Those who are interested in getting involved locally are welcome to attend.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something