- EDIT: A flood warning is in effect until 2 p.m. The Maple Glen condos along the Housatonic River have been evacuated as a result. The National Weather Service gives the following report for this afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a north wind between 16 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Today is National Crown Roast of Pork Day. Yes, that is extremely random and unexpected. Anyway...if you want to celebrate, I guess the best thing to do would be to head to a local grocery store for some fresh cut meats. Check out , , or .
- Members of The Olde Ripton Garden Club will hold a meeting at 10 a.m. at which will be followed by a special lecture from Earthtones Nursery's Lisa Turoczi on, "Planting With Native Connecticut Plants." This discussion is open to all to attend.
- Trainers from the pet care company One Smart Dog will be teaching Canine First Aid including a CPR class from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the offices (415 Howe Ave.) You can become certified through American Red Cross. Price is $30. To register, call 203-924-6651.
- The Gaelhawks Robotics team was awarded a $500 CL&P and Yankee Gas Award Grant to help fund their efforts in the upcoming 2011 FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Competition Northeast Utilities FIRST Connecticut Regional. Congratulations!