Don't forget the Halloween Costume contest!
- Don't know about you, but tons of people on Facebook were freaking out about the predicted first snow of the season. The good news is that, according to the National Weather Service, skies will be sunny with a high near 48 degrees. Not exactly a number I'm happy to see, but at least there is no snow predicted. Tonight, partly cloudy skies with a low around 31. The real fun starts this weekend, with predicitions of rain and snow on Saturday! For more info about the forecast, click here.
- Today is National Chocolate Day! There are many local businesses you can stop in to for an indulgent celebratory treat. always has a great selection of cakes and pies, Aimee Cayer's can hook you up with a sweet treat, Oronoque Farms Bakery & Boutique boasts award-winning baked goods. always has something decadent. Or of course you could stop at any local grocery to pick up a good old Hershey's bar: , , .
- The Girl Scouts of CT are hosting a at Bridgeport's Beardsley Zoo on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1 – 3:30 p.m. Girl Scouts will learn how the zoo helps save endangered species, participate in a scavenger hunt, and learn more about the connections between animals, water, and plants. For more information, see or announcement here.
- Just a reminder that is still going on! We've recieved some great pictures so far, but would like to see more! The Shelton winner (based on a poll of readers) will get Patch swag, and from there we can submit our best entries of kids 12 years of age or younger (with parent's permission) to , where the ultimate winner will get a chance to meet the supermodel and donate $1031 to a charity of their choice!
- A very Happy Birthday to, owner of . To anyone who's been there (and if you haven't - why not?!), Peter is a friendly guy willing to hear lots of cool ideas for performance nights, etc. Peter shares a birthday with Academy Award Winning actress Julia Roberts, Microsoft CEO Bill Gates and Charlie Daniels, who blessed the world with his hit song "The Devil Went Down to Georigia."
Become a blogger today!
Get started now