- Visit the on River Road! If Dad is a sports lover, there are tons of fun activities including batting cages, a driving range, mini golf, bowling and more. The Sports Center is very kid-friendly, so it's a great place to go for families with little ones.
- If you've finally reached the age where you can go grab a beer or cocktail with your father, any of the local bars are sure to be filled with familiar faces this weekend. This gives you a change to spend some quality time with Dad while both of you can catch up with friends. Head to , Drafthouse, , or Caliente Bar & Grille. on Bridgeport Avenue also has a great drink selection and cozy bar area.
- For fun in the sun (and a good forecast is predicted for Sunday), Indian Well State Park, entrance on Route 110, has a lot to offer. Activities include: swimming, boating, hiking the Paugussett Trail, viewing the scenic waterfalls, fishing, picknicking and field sports.Services include: picnic shelter, concession, flush toilets, parking, drinking water, first aid, telephones and a boat launch ramp. There are reasonably priced parking and entrance fees, but it's worth getting to explore this secret city gem.
- Check out the 's Vintage Vehicles Antique & Classic Car Show on Father's Day to see all the cars and vote for your favorite. Peek under the hood and take a stroll down memory lane. The event will be held outdoors at the History Center (70 Ripton Rd.) all day and is open to all. For more information and details on how to register a car, see the link on the .
- Brunch always seems to be a reliable choice for Mother's or Father's Day. I suggest making a reservation at The Inn at Villa Bianca in Seymour. My family went for Mother's Day and the food was delicious, the service was excellent and the scenery was beautiful. If you feel like getting a little dressed up for a great family outing and equally great food, this is your place! It's a relaxed environment, and the expansive dining areas can accommodate large groups.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something