Snow is forecast for interior portions of Northeast New Jersey, the lower Hudson Valley and Southwest Connecticut. The snow is expected to mix with sleet and freezing rain late Saturday.
Temperatures are expected to be in the low 20s and the snowfall is expected to start Saturday morning and continue through the day and could become heavy at night, according to the Weather Service.
The forecast for the weekend is:
- Snow, mainly after 11 a.m. High near 23. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 5 a.m., then snow and sleet. Low around 20. Blustery, with a northeast wind 14 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Sunday Sleet, mainly before 7am. High near 36. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 28.