Bring it to the Shelton Highway Department at 41 Myrtle St. on Oct. 5 for proper disposal. MXI Environmental Services LLC will be handling the collection, which lasts from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The list of acceptable items is long, so here are the DON'Ts:
- Empty Containers/Trash
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Radioactive Waste, Smoke Detectors
- Infectious and Biological Wastes
- Propane Cylinders/Pressurized Cylinders
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
- Fire Extinguishers
- Prescription Medicines/Syringes
Please tighten all caps and lids and pack items separately in sturdy boxes. Pad with newspaper if necessary. Do not mix chemicals, and don't smoke around them.
Proof of residency is required.
For more information, call the Highway Department at 203-924-9277 or 203-924-1555, ext. 370.